M.A.T. in Early Childhood Education
Not Accepting Applicants at this Time
Visit the following link for our Urban Accelerated Certification and Master’s Program -UACM
Coursework has been carefully built to support new teachers as they work in high-needs schools in the metro-Atlanta area. Key components of the MAT program include:
- Instructional Coaching provided by faculty who regularly join students in their classrooms to help them connect what they learn in course work to their practices with young learners.
- Student-centered goal setting experiences, in which students determine their own goals for their teaching and learning practices.
- Instructional strategies specific to English/Language Arts, Literacy, Math, Science, and Social Students.
- Community-Building possibilities for teachers to use with young learners who are being prepared to thrive in a 21st century democracy and work force.
- Considerations of justice, equality, and hope in urban classrooms across courses throughout the program.
Course description and classes
Laura Meyers, Program Coordinator
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Admissions Information
For information about application steps, requirements and deadlines for graduate school, visit our extensive Graduate Admissions Information page.
All initial teacher preparation program candidates must pass a state mandated teacher performance assessment, the edTPA, at the end of their programs in order to become certified in Georgia. The teacher performance assessment is designed to measure a candidate’s ability to help all students learn. Teacher candidates are required to demonstrate knowledge and skills in planning, teaching, assessing and analyzing student learning. Please see as follows the number of teacher candidates who passed the edTPA out of the total number of candidates who successfully submitted the edTPA in the program, subject-specific area.
Elementary Education: PreK – 5th Grades - 99/100