Creative & Innovative Education
The Master of Arts in Creative and Innovative Education (MACIE) is designed for people who wish to further their knowledge about children as creative thinkers and innovative makers. Our graduates will work in diverse fields, such as business, non-profits, the creative arts, K-12 education and community outreach organizations.
- Education courses provide students with a background in child development theories, learning strategies, critical and creative thinking skills, and examinations of children’s lives in contemporary society, all through the lens of creative education.
- Additional coursework in business, policy, education, or the arts and sciences allow students to focus on content that will prepare them for their specific goals.
- Apprenticeships connect students with organizations and businesses in the metro area to expand their knowledge and skills in such areas as non-profit organizations, start-up companies, after-school programs, and teacher leadership.
Please note: This program does not prepare students to earn a Georgia teaching credential.
This degree will:
- Connect you with like-minded people who are interested in inspiring children's creativity and innovative thinking.
- Extend your knowledge about child development and learning with a focus on supporting children's creativity.
- Provide you with an apprenticeship in a community business or organization.
- Wants to increase pedagogical knowledge to foster creative learning in and out of school settings.
Our Ideal Candidate
Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university; plans to pursue a career focused on children’s creative and innovative learning that may include one or more of the following:
- Seeks position in an educational, policy, or business setting where the focus is creative learning.
- Aspires to launch a business enterprise or non-profit organization to serve children’s creative and innovative learning.
- Wants to increase pedagogical knowledge to foster creative learning in in- and out-of school settings
The M.A. in Creative and Innovative Education offers flexible scheduling for students to complete a minimum 12-course, 36-credit hour program. Eight courses are required and students can choose four electives. View the catalog listing to find out more about coursework and electives.
- 36 total credit hours
- 8 courses in Creative & Innovative Education
- 4 courses in selected concentration
- Apprenticeship related to Creative and Innovative Education
Visit our graduate admissions page for:
- application deadlines
- application requirements
- how to apply